Thursday, August 2, 2007

Viva Brasil!

I've always had a love for Bossa Nova and other forms of Brazilian music and every once in awhile i get the urge to make it myself. I few weeks ago I got the urge and I made "Viva Brasil". Next thing you know, I couldn't stop making this shit and I was 5 songs deep. With that being said, expect a "Viva Brasil" E.P. to appear some time in the near future. This tracks not done yet and for the most part, pretty simple. I sampled a dope guitar from Joe Pass and played the rest on my Yamaha motif es-6. Before it's done I'll prolly call "Dre King" to get some trumpet on it and my man "Zo" to lay some keys. For now enjoy.

(To download this song simply click on the song title above)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo you need some live conga and percussion on that...you know where to find it...

Stylus said...

want to make that project a collaborative effort?

I got joints.

Anonymous said...

i love that bossa shit.. joe pass is a genius.. i got one track of him that you should flip man.. hit me at dukehugh@gmail.com
peace

Anonymous said...

A nice summer joint! I can imagine myself in a car... just driving trough my street...

Anonymous said...

Viva Brasil!
Beatiful track, Joe Pass is a great guitar!!!
Peace from Brasil!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as my Puerto Rican and Black fiance' (Love you baby!) on a hot summer day Oddisee. Keep doin it. Lo-Lo-Lo-Lo-Lo-Low BudGET!

Anonymous said...

Impressive! Great stuff! The bossa thang is going wide nowadays...listened to Funky DL's latest album "Song from the Naphta"?...every other track is based on brazilian samples...prolly the next "thing" to go big – and p e r f e c t for that special summer feeling!

ODDISEE said...

Maybe so, I've been a lover of this music for some time now. The world has a habit of falling in love with something all at once sometimes. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a new sound but, if this sound took over I wouldn't be upset.

Anonymous said...

omg that is smooth....

Anonymous said...

Very dope vibe. Versatility is the name of the game. Jazz is my thing, but I feel too many overlook bossa nova when they think of jazz. You're so blessed my man. Grace and peace.

KriTiKul

Mahelia de Randamie said...

Yep.. Love it!

Anonymous said...

odd you need to come to brazil and know the music and hip hop scene here... peace !!!!